Call us now ! Send us an email Magnolia Blvd Suite 402 Sherman Oaks United States

Back to Top

Call Us Today!
(818) 501-8801
Call Us Today!
(818) 501-8801


Frequently Asked Questions:

Question: How long do I have to live in the State of California before I can file for a Divorce (Dissolution)?
Answer: At the present time, you need to live in the State of California for at least 6 months prior to the filing of the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage and at least 3 months in the county where you are filing the document.
Question: What are the filing fees for filing a divorce?
Answer: The filing fees very in each county and often change at least once a year. As of February 2016, the filing fee in Los Angeles for the Petition for Dissolution is $435.00
Question: Should I move out of my house?
Answer: Under current case law, you will not have a date of separation until one of the parties physically moves out of the family residence.
Question: I am not sure what our debts are. Is there a way to find this out?
Answer: You should obtain your credit report from all three reporting agencies.
Question: What do I need to get temporary orders?
Answer: Depending what it is you are seeking, you usually need to file for what is known as a Request for Order. If you are requesting support or attorney fees, you will need to file an Income and Expense Declaration along with the Request for Order.
Question: What is the filing fee for filing the Request for Order?
Answer: Every county has a different filing fee. As of February 2016, the filing fee in Los Angeles County for filing a Request for Order is $90.00.
Question: What should I do if my spouse or significant other attacks me?
Answer: If at all possible, get out of the situation and then call the police. They can issue a Temporary Restraining Order and then you can go into court on an "Ex-parte" basis and obtain a Temporary Domestic Restraining Order which will provide a date for a hearing so the Court can decide if they will issue a permanent order.

Call Us Today At ♦ (818) 501-8801

YP Reviews

Free 30 Minute Consultation
contact information
Neal C. Tenen — A Law Corporation

15315 Magnolia Blvd. Suite 402
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

(818) 501-8801
business Hours:
Mon - Thurs:  9 a.m. - 5p.m.
Friday:  8 a.m. - 1 p.m.

In Business Since 1978